The Director of GRQ Consulting is Gillian Quinn. Gillian has worked extensively with the food industry, particularly in food safety, since 1983.
Gillian is an experienced Consultant, Trainer and Auditor to the food industry, specialising in practical and effective Food Safety Programs, HACCP and ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management Systems.
Gillian is a Regulatory Food Safety Auditor in Queensland, approved by Queensland Health.
Gillian draws extensively on her formal qualifications and experience in providing training, consulting and auditing services to the Food Industry. Gillian’s background and experience is diverse and covers various sectors of the food processing industry (eg packaging, meat, dairy, beverages, import) and a range of catering applications from small businesses to large chains and from restaurant to institutional catering.
Gillian Quinn holds a B.Sc. and a Ph.D. in Microbiology from the University of Queensland.
She has extensive qualifications in food safety, HACCP and quality systems, their development and their audit. These qualifications are:
- IQA-IRCA certified Auditor/ Lead Auditor (IATCA A17098) for ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO/IEC 17025 (2002)
- RABQSA-AU (AU710) & RABQSA-TL (TL712) (Management System Auditing & Leading Management System Audit Teams) (2006)
- RABQSA-FS (FS823) HACCP & ISO 22000: 2005 Food Safety Management Systems (2006)
- RABQSA (EM711) ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management Systems (2006)
- RABQSA – FS Food Safety Management Systems (HACCP & ISO 22000: 2005)
- RABQSA – AU Management Systems Auditing
- RABQSA – TL Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
(NSCI Training & Development Pty Ltd, 2006)
- Risk Management
- BSBMGT508A Manage Risk Management System
- BSBMGT611A – Develop Risk Management Strategy
Contribute to the Diploma of Business (Quality Auditing) BSB51904
(Sai Global) 2007
- Understanding Good Manufacturing Practice (2006) (NCSI T&D Pty Ltd)
NSCI Training & Development Pty Ltd, 2006
- BRC Global Standard – Food (Issue 4)
NSCI – BRC Approved Training Provider, 2007
- Coles Auditor Course – Coles Competency CO947, (AFS) 2008
- SQF(version 4) – completed course, yet to take examination , 2008
- Auditing OH&S Management Systems – (Sai-Global) 2009
- Update of Australian Food Safety Auditor qualifications:
- FDFFSACA Assess compliance with food safety programs
- FDFFSCFSAA Conduct Food Safety Audits
- FSFFSCHZA Identify, evaluate and control food safety hazards
- FDFFSCOMA Communicate and negotiate to conduct food safety audits
(Australian Institute of Management) 2010
These qualifications are those required to audit under the Qld Food Act 2006.