Gillian is an experienced trainer in Food Safety and Food Science across the food industry.
- She also has extensive knowledge about industry environmental applications.
- Her ten year TAFE Queensland teaching and training experience is augmented by her within industry training experience delivering training on the factory floor.
- She has provided training to many food business clients in Food Safety and HACCP Program implementation.
- She has delivered refresher and specific training for clients who choose to apply training to improve food safety and HACCP outcomes.
- She also has extensive experience in designing and implementing training to suit client requirements, augmented by her time as a TAFE Queensland Curriculum Director with responsibility for the implementation of Food Processing training throughout TAFE Queensland and the development of Food Processing curriculum streams and the Qld Environmental Curriculum in the late 1990s.
- Gillian has a solid knowledge base and an aptitude for communicating scientific and industry information at the level of the learner. Gillian emphasises outcomes and ensures that theory is converted into practice.
- GRQ Consulting is NOT an approved RTO and delivers training that is specific to on the job performance. Content of training is determined by discussion with Management and by the requirements of the Client’s Food Safety, HACCP or ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Program.
Gillian can provide training that is generic or specifically developed for your food business:
Food Safety Training
HACCP Program Training
ISO22000 Program Training
Post Development Phase in a Development and Implementation Package for a
Developed by GRQ Consulting.
Food Safety or HACCP Program Training associated with Food Safety Programs, HACCP Programs & ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Programs will generally include:
- Small group instruction
- Powerpoint presentation(s)
- Hands on work based exercises
- Staff research
- Staff problem solving exercises
- One on one instruction
Training will be based on the required knowledge and skills in the workplace, workplace procedures and problem solving addressing real work issues and situations.
Implementation training usually involves one on one training and mentoring and small group training and mentoring based upon teams or lines. Theoretical and procedural training is followed through into performance in the workplace.
The following is a typical plan for implementation training:
|Train Management, Supervisors and staff
|Three levels of targeted training (Management , Supervisors, Staff): Responsibilities and Duties||Powerpoint, Instruction, Hands on Tasks using actual Program Documentation|
|Mentor Management, Supervisors and Staff Teams On the Job
|Responsibilities and Duties||Correct record completion, Identification of NCs, Corrective Action||Verification and Validation, Continuous Improvement|
|Monitor On the Job Performance, on the Job Assessment
of Knowledge and Skills
|Monitor new work practices||Assess knowledge and skills||Feedback to Supervisors and Management||One to one retraining|
|Pre-Certification Audit (by Consultant)
|Audit and Audit Report||Feedback to Management, Supervisors and Staff||Corrective Action including retraining in areas of non-conformance; Improvements|
- Hazards – microbiological, physical and chemical (half day)
- HACCP Workshops (full day)
- Food Safety Training Workshops for Catering and Food Retail (1 day)
- Food Safety Supervisor / HACCP Team Leader training (negotiated according to enterprise requirements)
- Food Safety Workshops for Food Processing Supervisors and HACCP Team members (negotiable content and duration)
- Internal Audit Workshops (half day – full day with internal audit exercise within the enterprise))
- Continuous Improvement Workshops (half day)
We offer negotiated email support to our clients and students.
GRQConsulting Australia is not an accredited RTO. Our workhops are targeted at ensuring that our students have appropriate knowledge and skills to implement a Food Safety Program/ HACCP Plan correctly and effectively in the workplace.
However, GRQ Consulting will assist those who wish to apply for Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) from an accredited RTO eg TAFE Queensland, against the relevant competencies, after completing our workshops.